Friday, February 12, 2010

The Boathouse

 To jump start valentine's weekend .. the bf decided to take me out for lunch at the The Central Park Boathouse. It was my 1st time there and I must say it was very romantic and the scenery is breath-taking. Restaurant week has been extended through feb.28th so we were able to try their three course prix-fixe meals for $24/person.

 
1st course: New Zealand Mussels with Saffron Cream
 
 
His 2nd course: Roast French Breast of Chicken w/ comte-scallion polenta, 
grilled asparagus, and roasted chicken jus


Her 2nd course:  Braised Beef Shortribs w/ beef consomme, 
celery, pearl onions, and baby turnips


 
3rd course:  Bittersweet Chocolate Tart w/ whipped marscarpone and black currant coulis 


 
Meyer Lemon Cake w/ creme fraiche ice cream and candied lemons




lake is frozen but view of the upper westside and central park is gorgeous. 



After lunch we decided to walk through central park since it was such a beautiful sunny day. I just love central park it's by far one of my favorite places to go and the best thing is you don't have to spend a penny to enjoy this park. Here's a few pics I took ..


 

  

  


  
Thank you B for such a beautiful afternoon with you .. happy early vday :)


 Blouse: H&M  faux fur vest: I heart ronson Shorts: Forever21 Leggings: Old Navy Boots: Steve Madden Accessories: Forever21 and Pudge

1 comment: